pragma RESTRICT_REFERENCES

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 18:30:07 +0800

If you have anonymous block in your package body, do you need to take that into account when using pragma restrict_references

eg

package MINE is
  proc A;
end;

package body MINE is
  proc A is
  begin
    blah, blah but no sql
  end;
begin
  select ...
  into some package variables
  from ...;
end;

Now when "MINE.A" is first called, some SQL will be run in the anonymous part of the package body...Although there is no explicit SQL in proc A, will it need the appropriate pragma restrict_references clause ???

Cheers
Connor

--

Connor McDonald
BHP Information Technology

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad."