Create Database ...

From: Jones Chung <jonesc_at_gmail.gcn.net.tw>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 08:31:34 GMT

Hello!
I follow the below steps to create a database under NT4.0 with Oracle 8.0

  1. create an instance with Oradim80.exe (I already created the initial file: initTEST.ora), where I give the parameters as followings: SID = TEST, Password=test
  2. After I finished, the service of this instance was automatically started (by checking in the control/service)

My problems are:

  1. I try to see the instance that I just created by using the instance manager (VAI.exe), giving the entrance condition: UserName: internal Password: test Service: TEST Connect As: Normal It failed! It told me there was no such service. How do I achieve it?
  2. In fact, I can use the server manager to connect by the previous entrance condition, why ?
  3. How can I use internal to connect to SQL- Plus to create database? I already tried many times but it always told me : insufficient privileges (username: internal / password: test), why ? It confused me many days.
  4. Is it possible to create a database by using schema manager, enterprise manager or server manager? Thanks!!