Calculating CPU usage please help

From: James Dickson <James.Dickson_at_mail.esrin.esa.it>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 09:04:46 +0200

I am trying to calculate CPU usage for an Oracle instance. It IS being used, a lot, but I get CPU = zero. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? My query:

SQL> SELECT s.username, t.value
  2 FROM v$session s, v$sesstat t, v$statname n

  3  WHERE  s.sid = t.sid
  4  AND    t.statistic# = n.statistic#
  5  AND    n.name = 'CPU used by this session';

USERNAME          VALUE
------------ ----------
                      0
                      0
                      0
                      0
                      0
SYSTEM                0
LEAVIS                0
SYSTEM                0

8 rows selected.

Thanks in advance,
 James
--
james_at_valhall.esrin.esa.it Received on Mon Jun 08 1998 - 02:04:46 CDT