Star queries and analyse?

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 23:25:29 +0100

Hi All,
The cost based optimiser needs to know the relative size of tables
(and have star_transformation_enabled=true or star hint I believe). My question is that if you only estimate 10000 rows (less than actual) then the optimiser won't reconise it as a fact table. Does that mean you should estimate 50% or so on the fact table? Steve
--
"The floggings will continue until morale improves." Received on Sat Jun 06 1998 - 17:25:29 CDT