Re: Migrating Access data to Oracle via ODBC

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: 1998/06/05

"Dolf-Jan Mulder" <djmulder_at_advantage.nl> wrote:

>I want to migrate data out of an Access- and a FoxPro-database to an Oracle
>database. ODBC should be appropriate but I cann't find a way to do this in
>any documentation. Who can help we with a solution?
>
>Dolf-Jan Mulder

Use the Save as/Export option from Access and select External....

You will need to have ODBC and SqlNet installed....

Also, be sure to use proper Oracle format for table names and fields...UPPER CASE ONLY ( not a shout, an example )...

With Visual FoxPro use the upsizing wizard - it creates the table in the proper Oracle format....

Hope it helps,
John Greco
Oracle DBA
Email to john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us Received on Fri Jun 05 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT