Re: LOOOONG delay for connect

From: user <user_at_cisco.com>
Date: 1998/06/05

In addition to setting the environmental variable EPC_DISABLED=TRUE, you can run $ORACLE_HOME/bin/otrccref even while the database is up in order to shrink back the sizes of the files. This will get you an immediate improvement in connection time. Then, when the database is down, remove all the *.dat files in otrace/admin if you don't want trace on at all.