Re: Update question

From: Alan D. Mills <alanmNOSPAM_at_uk.europe.mcd.mot.com>
Date: 1998/06/05

You can only do this if the select part of the SQl will only return one record for each record being updated.

I suspect what you are missing is the correlation between your select tables and your update tables. Try something like

update table1

   set column1=(select feature from table2, table3

                           where table2.column2=table3.column2
                            and table2.column3 = table1.column3)

so that what is being selected is correlated with the current record being updated. Of course you will need to correlate the selct so only one record is retrieved...

--
Alan D. Mills

To email remove NOSPAM from address.