What is appropriate level of compensation for 24 X 7 Pager Pay?

From: Rob Forster <robertf_at_inforamp.net>
Date: 6 Jun 1998 00:05:27 GMT

I'm wondering if anyone out there would be kind enough to provide information on what would be deemed acceptable as pager pay for providing 24 X 7 coverage? I've been asked this question at work and would like to get a realistic level of market compensation.

Do you get paid a standard lump sum for carrying a pager off-hours and weekends and then an amount on top of that for answering calls?

All input would be very much appreciated, and my apologies if this is not an apropriate question for this newsgroup.

TIA,
Rob. Received on Fri Jun 05 1998 - 19:05:27 CDT