PCTFREE and INITTRANS

From: John Vernes <vernes.j_at_consunet.nl>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 23:46:53 +0200

Our biggest tables (40 and 20 million records) and in our application are used very frequently for querrying. We have allready set thePCTFREE to 10 and INITTRANS is still set to 1.

Those tables are very high on queries and very low on updates/deletes and somethings large batches of inserts.

What problems could I encounter when I would set the PCTFREE extremely low???
For instance 2 percent (<= Muchos data in data block)

Would it be advisable to set the INITTRANS higher than 1?? I ask this, because of the huge amount of data (40M records) and the chanche of
needing to have more transactions on the same block.

Thanxs and Greetz

John Received on Fri Jun 05 1998 - 16:46:53 CDT