LONG RAW and DELPHI TBLOBFIELD

From: Mike heydon <pgbison_at_iafrica.com>
Date: 5 Jun 1998 09:28:47 GMT

Has anyone managed to use Delphi with LONG RAW and TBlobFields. We are trying to use this technique to store BMP files in an Oracle Database.
The problem I have is that I can only get a max of 63K returned from the LONG RAW column. The documentation states that a LONG RAW column can contain data upto 2gb in size, but the maximum size returned in a LONG RAW variable is 32760 bytes. How does one the access the full data in a LONG RAW column ?.

There is a setting in the BDE for BLOB SIZE which is defaulted at 32K. Changing this to 1000K results in getting 63K from the LONG RAW. I suspect taht this has something to do with Delphi using WORD instead of INTEGER.

It seems odd that Oracle allows a column storage of 2gb but only allows a max variable retrieval of 32K. Any help would be appreciated as I appear to be missing some fundamental concept.

--
Regards,
Mike Heydon. Received on Fri Jun 05 1998 - 04:28:47 CDT