Re: Can you encrypt a column value in Oracle?

From: Andrew Protasov <protasov_at_percombank.kiev.ua>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 13:58:52 +0300

Hi Sean,

You can easily encrypt application passwords in OCI or Pro C application. We use MD5 to encrypt PIN codes to non-decryptable form. Use encryption algorithm you want.

Andrew Protasov

Sean Dolan wrote in message ...
> I am trying to put a user's password in a table called USER_INFO in a
column called PASSWORD... is there a way to have that value encrypted so that I can;t see the user's password? (but rather an encrypted garble)... I am on Oracle 7.3.4.