Re: trigger question

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 00:58:37 GMT

On Wed, 03 Jun 1998 18:19:02 -0400, Igor Popov <ipopov_at_solect.com> wrote:

>I'm running oracle 7.3.4 and trying to create two identical triggers
>with different names. Oracle returns error ORA-04090: 'tr1' specifies
>same table, event and trigger time as 'tr2'. The same thing works
>perfectly in 7.3.3, 7.2.X. Any ideas?

I've run into this before myself. Other than setting COMPATIBLE to an earlier version (in your init file), there's no solution. You have to combine the two triggers into one.

It's kind of a shame this isn't allowed anymore. Sometimes you have two triggers that are unrelated, and that you want to maintain seperately, but that you want to fire for the same event. Now you are forced to combine them.

Jonathan Received on Wed Jun 03 1998 - 19:58:37 CDT