Re: Problem with rollback segements

From: Bass Chorng <bass_at_octel.com>
Date: 3 Jun 1998 19:24:48 GMT

arundeja_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
: I keep getting this error when I run a
: 'CREATE TABLE PARALLEL NOLOGGING AS SELECT .. GROUP BY ..' statement

: ORA-12801: error signaled in parallel query server P002
: ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 5 with name "R04" too
: small

: Why is it using a rollback segment if I have no rollback information being
: generated. Is there any way to avoid generating rollback information in this
: case

: The stranger thing is that I first set rollback segment to 'R06'. But I get
: this error from segment 'R04' from within my procedure!!

: Any suggestions always welcome.

: Arun

: http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading
I am not familiar with parallel server, but sounds like it is stricktly related to your rbs.

Snapshot too old has something to do with the table you are reading from, not writing to. The table you try to copy from is being updated by other processes in R04 and a consistent image has been invalid because rollback segment is recycled.

YOu can wait when there is no transaction against the source table or if you know which transaction is modifying it, set that transaction to R06.

-Bass Chorng
 DBA
 Lucent Technologies. Received on Wed Jun 03 1998 - 14:24:48 CDT