How to cancel a query in Oracle?

From: Jinqlih Sang <csang_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 14:31:14 GMT

The code in my application is like:

++++++++++++++
EXEC SQL PREPARE ... (prepare sql statement) EXEC SQL DECLARE CURSOR ... (declare a cursor) EXEC SQL OPEN ... (open a cursor)
EXEC SQL DECLARE SELECT LIST FOR sqlCommand INTO SelectDescriptor

                        (describe the returned results)
EXEC SQL FETCH ...USING DESCRIPTOR ... (retrieve the next row) EXEC SQL CLOSE ... (close the cursor)

Does it make sense?

I know SQL Server can do that, I am wondering if Oracle can do that or not. It would be helpful if it's a large select, otherwise the client can not do anything except waiting.

Thanks. Received on Wed Jun 03 1998 - 09:31:14 CDT