Re: tablespace datafile sizes?

From: <jlieto_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/06/02

Peter,

You can definitely create a datafile > 1G. Some things to remember are:

    How long will it take to recover that file from your backups.     Can the disk handle that amount of I/O expected.     Make it a multiple of your other db files - in case you need to maneuver files due to I/O bottlenecks.

If these situations can't be met, you may want to look at Oracle Striping.

We create 4GB files(on striped volumes) as our max primarily because restore of the files must be kept to a minimum.

Hope this helps,
Joe Lieto
Redwood Solutions