Re: web application with ORACLE 7.3 (maybe 8) and OWS 2.1 (maybe OWA 3) - how to go back to previous page?

From: Stephen Meredith <Stephen.Meredith_at_jcu.edu.au>
Date: 1998/06/02

In article <3569A90B.DF76230A_at_sqlsystems.dk>, ajd_at_sqlsystems.dk says...

>Dear ORACLE developers,
>
>I am currently working on a ORACLE Web server application where we have
>an ORACLE 7.3 server (maybe 8 - we'll see!) on the backend with an
>ORACLE Web server 2.1 (maybe 3!). Interface to the system is pure HTML
>generated from stored procedures (in packages) server side.
>
>Now the situation is this: Is it possible to keep track of the user's
>location in the system, such that if they click a 'Cancel' button they
>can be taken back to the Web page that the CURRENT web page was
>generated from? Now this is a little different to being taken back to
>the PREVIOUS page. I think this is best explained with an example:

In Oracle's Web Application Server (V3 - don't bother with V2) you can use the cgi function HTTP_REFERER (according to the doc'n anyway) as follows:

        owa_util.get_cgi_env('HTTP_REFERER');

These things work more than half the time (under Digital Unix).

                                 Stephen Meredith Software Engineer
                                 Computer Centre James Cook University
                        _--_|\___Townsville Queensland 4811 AUSTRALIA
                       /      \  Telephone: +61 7 47815913
(A Canadian escaped    \_.--._/        Fax: +61 7 47815230
from the snow and ice)       v        http://www.jcu.edu.au/~ccstm