SQL*Loader Question.

From: Ashok Balakrishnan <ashok_at_aa.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 16:21:29 -0700

Hi Everybody,
I am using Sql*loader to load data into the Database. - Oracle 7.3.2.3 There are 2 questions which I would request you to send your views on -

1 .Even with the "UNRECOVERABLE" option, there is a lot of redo-logs being

    generated.
    [the data to be loaded is really large - around 2 Gigs].

-> Will turning the archivelog mode to "off" before loading the data and
then turning it

     back "on" help ? Is it different than the above "unrecoverable" option. ?

-> Even with "unrecoverable option", does it generate redo-log entries
for the index

      creation which may accompany the loading process.

2. For Index creation during that process; which is the best method as far as performance

    and storage options are considered ?

    Will manually dropping all the indexes before the loading and then re-creating the

    index at the end of the loading, give better performance?

Thnx in advance.

AB

ashok_at_aa.net Received on Tue Jun 02 1998 - 18:21:29 CDT