Help Me handle SMTP server email messaging

From: <mandelia_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 17:12:09 GMT

Hi, I am a student trying to work on a job procurement project on campus. My problem is to generate an email from a help screen. This email is to be generated for a user, all information like the name, email address are stored in a table on the database. We are working on the Oracle Web application server and would be using the SMTP server as our email server (or protocol).
Could you send me some information about how I could go about doing this. If you could send me some sample code, it would be great, or if you could point me in a direction where I could concentrate my efforts, that would help too.
Thanks