ERROR or BUG executing distributed SQL statement?

From: Andreas Rier <rier_at_transaction.de>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 19:01:39 +0200

ERROR came up for ORACLE server versions 7.3.2.2.0 and 7.3.3.4.0

Hi everybody,

I have a strange problem with the distributed execution of SQL statements.
The ORACLE documentation states, that there should be no difference between the execution of distributed and local SQL statements.

What I wanted to do is to insert all records from a table "srcTable" into
a table "DestTable" over a database link. Additionally some package functions have to be called in the statement.

I would highly appreciate it, if somebody could give me a clue of what's

going on.

The following lines show the basic configuration that leads to my problem:

create or replace package p_example as

    function getExampleValue return NUMBER;     PRAGMA RESTRICT_REFERENCES (getExampleValue, WNDS, WNPS); end p_example;

create or replace package body p_example as

function getExampleValue return NUMBER is begin

   return(0);
end;

end p_example;

insert into desttable_at_abc.dest.com (c,n)(select c, p_example.getExampleValue from srcTable);

SQL> insert into desttable_at_abc.dest.com (c,n)(select c, p_example.getExampleValue from srcTable); insert into desttable_at_abc.dest.com (c,n) (select *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00904: invalid column name
ORA-02063: preceding line from abc.dest.com

insert into desttable_at_abc.dest.com (c,n)(select c, 0 from srcTable);