Re: Oracle on Novell

From: <peacocda_at_wwwinc.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 15:34:45 GMT

As much as I am a Novell apolligist, I think your application is too big for a workgroup OS like Novell or NT. You may have to go with a flavor of Unix. Now, here's something to consider. NDS for HPU-UX should available soon, but I haven't seen a press release yet. NDS is available for SCO Unix. What you would gain is the managability of NDS on a hefty application serving platform. I would agree that NetWare 5 will make life much easier for large databases, but I think yours is getting to the obscenely large, which is really beyond Novell and NT.

My $0.02

Dan Peacock, CNA
Bus. Sys. Analyst/DBA
Wolverine World Wide