Re: SQL*PLUS ed on Win 95/Netware

From: <peacocda_at_wwwinc.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 15:24:25 GMT

I have a suspicion that you don't have the right to create a file in your $ORACLE_HOME\bin directory. I'm assuming that you are running SQL*Plus off the network. The aifedt.buf file will get written to the working dirctory of SQL*Plus, which, consequently, is the $ORACLE_HOME\bin directory by defualt. If it is installed on your local machine, I would check your security settings to make sure that you can indeed create a file there. Personally, I prefer to make my working directory something other than the bin directory.

My $0.02.

Dan Peacock
Business Sys. Analyst/DBA
Wolverine World Wide, Inc.