Re: Hide Oracle error messages

From: Venkat <vreddy_at_no_spamix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 10:07:26 -0400

Karina,
In your DECLARE portion use PRAGMA EXCEPTION_INIT. This is a compiler directive which tells Oracle what name to associate an error number with.

DECLARE
--your variables etc
PRAGMA EXCEPTION_INIT(index_not_found, 01418); BEGIN
--your code
EXCEPTION
WHEN index_not_found THEN
--do whatever
END; A better solution for your situation would be to write a procedure that accepts a DROP INDEX statement and then call that proc whereever you need to drop an index.

HTH
Venkat