Re: Problem with Oracle Intelligent Agent (Win NT)

From: joseph Li <lijoecyn_at_netspace.net.au>
Date: 2 Jun 1998 12:54:18 GMT

You do not have to startup the Oracle Intelligent Agent on the server if you are not using the Enterprise Manager console to monitor the server. On a NT 4.0 machine with 64 mb of memory, I run a 7.3.3 Oracle instance, the Oracle Intelligent Agent ( DBSNMP.exe ) and the Enterprise Manager Console, MS Exchange, and a few small client applications. From time to time I received warnings of low memory. Oracle 8 is more resource hungry than 7.3 as far as I know. To stop the Oracle Intelligent Agent use either the Control Panel or issue the command NET STOP ORACLEAGENT. IA has to check the statuses of OEM events from time to time.

Regards
Joseph

In article <6kvm21$qi6$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, nhelwig_at_my-dejanews.com says: