Problem with Oracle Intelligent Agent (Win NT)

From: Andrew deMos <ademos_at_ainstech.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 12:54:50 -0400

Good day,

I wonder if anyone has any idea why I could be running into problems with the Oracle Intelligent Agent service running under Windows NT Server 4.0. I am running their Internet Information Server (IIS) 4.0, MS Sequel Server 6.5, and an old backup software package called Palindrome. It seems that when I try to run more than one Oracle instance, the computer goes DEAD SLOW, and when I run the Task Manager, the Oracle Agent service (DBSNMP.EXE) is consuming all of the CPU time. Even when I run one Oracle instance, the computer seems to go to this "Dead Slow" condition from time to time. I tried configuring the LISTENER.ORA file such that the instance I created would be the only one "listening".

Has anyone experienced problems running Oracle on the same machine as one or more of the above packages? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Andrew deMos Received on Mon Jun 01 1998 - 11:54:50 CDT