Re: Listeners - single or multiple for many SIDS

From: Claudio Visigalli <claudiov_at_g40sys3.amm.unibs.it>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 12:43:04 +0200

johnvue_at_gte.net wrote:

> I have a machine with 4 Oracle instances (SIDS).
>
> Should I set up listener.ora so that one listener handles all 4 SIDS
> or separate them out so there are 4 listeners each with only SID?
>
> What are the factors, consequences, arguments, etc... ?

This is my experience: I've a machine with 2 Oracle instances (SIDS). I've onelistener with 2 sids, therefore only one system process. If the number of connections
to your server is not so high, you can configure your listener with all the 4 instances, because
only one listener can support the connections. Received on Mon Jun 01 1998 - 05:43:04 CDT