SQL*Net v2 under AIX 4.2.1

From: Norman Pang <npang_at_netcomuk.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 21:10:31 +0100

I've been installing Oracle7 Server systems under Novell and Windows NT
platforms.

Installing SQL*Net on Windows clients is simple, with the client software accompanying the Oracle Server software.

Now I'm having to install Oracle7 in an AIX environment. I've already installed SQL*Net on the server.

Questions:
1. How do I setup SQL*Net on a client AIX workstation so that it can communicate to the server?

2. Would I have to remotely mount the $ORACLE_HOME/bin on the server for the local client w/s?

3. Do I have to "relink" any modules? If so, how and what is relinking exactly?

Any help will be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Norm.