Re: Had problems upgrading to Oracle v804

From: John Durst <jdurst_at_sky.net>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 09:33:49 -0500

It is not unusual that views, functions, etc. are flagged as invalid during a migration or an export/import. This just is used as an indication that the object must be reevauated before it is used (not necessarily an indication that there is a problem with the object). If you can recompile the objects without error, then there was no problem with the upgrade. You can generate a script to recompile the invalid objects, or just wait until they are accessed the first time by the application.