Re: Getting recordset from stored procedure

From: <bialik_at_wis.weizmann.ac.il>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 10:25:06 GMT

In article <356b7c21.35539833_at_nntp.ix.netcom.com>,   nobody_at_nowhere.com (Nobody) wrote:

> I am a seasoned SQL Server stored procedure programmer. But in Oracle,
> is there a way to return record sets from a stored procedure? I wish
> to do something like this:
>
> create procedure get_data
> as
> begin
> select * from emp;
> end;
> /
>
> Please help, thanks.

Hi.
You can return limited number of rows by returning data in PL/SQL table. In theory the size is not a limit, by I suspect that somewhere/somehow/ sometime it is.
See PL/SQL manual for details on PL/SQL tables.

Good luck. Michael.

P.S. Anyway, you will not be able to make a SELECT from PL/SQL table

     afterwards.