Re: Help with 2 Questions ?

From: Marcel Claus <Marcel.Claus_at_Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
Date: 1998/05/30

Jose Luis Perez Garcia wrote:

> Hi everybody !!
>
> I need help with 2 questions.
>
> First
>
> A. In a block base table we have to fix the where condition at runtime.
>
> There are two options.
>
> 1. To build the where condition and use
> set_block_property('block_name',DEFAULT_WHERE,...)

> 2. Using the pre-query trigger.
>
> Which is more efficient ?

I'd use the set_block_property('block_name',DEFAULT_WHERE,...); followedby execute_query(all_records);That's not because it's faster or more efficient (it really doesn't matter, cause the
query is alsways as SQL-statement to the database and time is spend while executing the SQL-statement and transmitting data). This is just because you can use the procedures everywhere in your app and not only in a trigger.

> B Which is the recommended size for a Database Package?. We are using
> Oracle 7.3.3.

Don't know, sorry... (didn't even know there is a limit..)