Re: Fault Tolerence, Basic Replication.

From: David <darussell_at_msn.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 22:37:32 +0100

If you can afford to loose the current online redo, then why not use Oracle7/8 standby database feature, it allows to be setup a standby databases in recovery mode that is not open until you activate it after a failure on your production server. This feature is available to workgroup server. Otherwise if you have a MSCS configuration you could conside Oracle Failsafe (which is free and available for Workgroup and Enterprise Edition). The standby database feaure is very useful and is to be much developed in 8.1 (hopefully to allow it to be read only).

Regards
David Russell