Re: Certified DBA exam

From: Keith Boulton <boulkenospam_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 10:54:44 GMT

On Fri, 29 May 1998 11:36:06 -0400, "Venkat" <vreddy_at_no_spamix.netcom.com> wrote:

>You can download sample tests from Oracle website. You can also order
>sample tests from STS (Self test software - $100 per test. Pricey, but very
>useful. I think they are also offering some discounts). The tests are not
>very tough - I would say moderately tough. Some questions are really
>particular about details. I wish the tests were a bit more real life like
>with scenario based questions.

I have also considered taking this exam. I'm put off by two things. Firstly, the exams are based on Oracle training material which means that some of the questions are not very clear if you haven't done the official courses because of the terminology used and also the scope of the preparation required is much less if you've done the training courses. Secondly, at least on the sample tests, some of the questions are ambiguous or about things you would never do e.g. there is a question about the create schema command which no-one in their right mind is going to use. Received on Sat May 30 1998 - 05:54:44 CDT