Re: ORA-00472 PMON terminated with error

From: joseph Li <lijoecyn_at_netspace.net.au>
Date: 29 May 1998 12:38:28 GMT

In article <6kda6r$3dc3_at_helium.superstream.net>, "Tim Romano" <tim_at_superstream.net> says:

>Yet more information, from the DBWR trace log this time.
>
>If it matters to help diagnose the cause of the error: I'm writing to an
>optical drive that is set to act like a hard drive.
>
>I cannot log in to Oracle to shut down-- ORA-472 error. Should I simply
>bring the NT O/S down?
>
>I've never had to recover an Oracle database -- but I don't need to worry
>about this particular data set; however, I would like to bring the system
>back to a stable state.
>
>Advice is appreciated.
>
>TIA
>Tim

In Control Panel shutdown the OracleServiceSID service would force the instance to be shutdown. Then you can try to copy any database files from the optical drive to another hard drive. First copy the files, then STARTUP MOUNT from within SVRMGR23, then ALTER DATABASE RENAME FILE ... TO ... , followed by ALTER DATABASE OPEN . Hope this helps.

Regards
Joe Received on Fri May 29 1998 - 07:38:28 CDT