WAS3.0 and mapping a drive from another host on NT4

From: Sylvain Leclerc <SLeclerc_at_magrit.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 11:08:05 -0400

Hi folks,

Has anyone been able to include in the directory mapping of a web listener a drive from another host than the one on which the OWS3.0 runs.

I talked to Oracle support and their solution, dating back to OWS10, doesnt work. We change the account under which the listener logs itself so it can have access to the other host drives. We mapped the drive at boot time with a .cmd batch file that included a "net use" statement to map the drive. All this seems to work fine. The drive is available, after boot, to the account we created. If we log as that account we have immediate access to the drive. But when I try to include that drive into the directory mappings of the listener, the listener wont come up until the offending drive mapping is erased.

I know this is quite easy under Unix, but with NT it seems impossible. Anybody found a way to do that ? We run 733, WAS 3.0 and NT4.

Thanks

Sylvain Leclerc
sleclerc_at_magrit.com Received on Fri May 29 1998 - 10:08:05 CDT