Re: Connecting to Oracle via Oracle ODBC driver from VB4

From: scott yu <chen_at_oxmoor.cis.uab.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 22:25:35 -0500

Lui Yuan Tze wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm developing a VB/Oracle application. And I have a signon screen
> to connect to Oracle. I noticed that after the first attempt to signon
> via eg username john, the second time when I signon using a different
> username eg mary, the second signon is infact still using the first
> userid instead. (I can see this via the Oracle server monitor session) I
> tried to close recordset and db but it did not work.
> Have I missed out something ?
> thanks ahead

In order to connect oracle thru odbc

  1. setup odbc driver, set up database source in ODBC(control pannel)
  2. in vb program(declare database object)
  3. in vb program use opendatabase mathod( set db = opendatabase("odbc;uid=user;pwd=password) by set user and password. you can let diffent user login

scott yu Received on Fri May 29 1998 - 22:25:35 CDT