Re: What is the market for Oracle 8.

From: Steve26405 <steve26405_at_aol.com>
Date: 29 May 1998 20:51:12 GMT

I have run Oracle 8 Beta , 8.0.3 & 8.0.4 on NT and Solaris to assess wether we can upgrade without modifying the applications we have on7.X .

From what I have seen so far , Oracle 8 is pretty stable and supports 7.X apps with no problems .

The only potential problems I can see are where developers have used non-recommended techniques (such as reading directly from sys objects or directly using rowids) . Received on Fri May 29 1998 - 15:51:12 CDT