Need Reference Site for Oracle8 to Personal Oracle8 Snapshot Replication

From: Mike Kahler <mkahler_at_hypercheck.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 18:26:51 GMT

Hi.

   I am looking for some reference sites that have implemented an updatable
 snapshot replication scheme using Oracle8 Server (UNIX or NT) and  Personal Oracle8 Client (Win95). I would also be interested in speaking

 to anyone that has done this under Oracle7 (Oracle7 Server and Personal

 Oracle7) as well.

   We are trying to implement a sales force system that will require  salespeople to work offline and resync databases with a server (via  modem) in the evening. There are a few roadblocks (DDL replication,  Sequences, etc), and I would like to know how some other sites have  handled these problems. Also, I wanted to get feedback on the technical
 soundness of the solution.

   Thanks in advance for the help!

 Mike Kahler
 mkahler_at_hypercheck.com Received on Fri May 29 1998 - 13:26:51 CDT