Re: os/2 security

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 08:34:31 +0200

a wrote in message <356B3FDD.A307A35A_at_jamaica.genetics.utah.edu>...

> I was wondering what people would think about the idea
>of running this on an OS/2 server because hackers have little interest
>and fewer tools for breaking in.

Lack of tools will not stop a hacker (real ones, not the little lame pimple face wanne-be's that can only leech tools from RootShell and call themselves hackers).

Anyway, IMHO it is a very dangerous assumption that using OS/2 will prevent hacking. Think about getting a firewall to protect your Oracle Server, run SQL*Net thru a Proxy and use encryption.

regards,
Billy Received on Fri May 29 1998 - 01:34:31 CDT