Re : Regarding PL/SQL cartridges

From: oem <eliang_at_asiansources.com>
Date: 29 May 1998 02:34:45 GMT

Do you know if you have received any response for your posting on May 10. I have problem getting PL/SQL cartridge to send email straight away. We store the data in the database, and use another pro*c program to pick up and send the email. (This caused a time difference, because the cronjob picked it up for a certain period of time.

The problem of PL/SQL cartridge is that it can't direct call to the system call, like sendmail.
The PL/extender (tech center / free download) at the Oracle Government site (govt.us.oracle.com) promise to be able to do it by using DBMS_PIPE & DBMS_ALERT. Please try it, too.

I am thinking of perl cartridge on WAS3.0. It was promised in the documentation that it can access the database through Oraperl, but I can't get the oraperl working because DBI & DBD::Oracle doesn't seem to come with the installation on NT.
If you have successfully tried it, please let me know.

Thanks.
Ellen.

Hi!! I am working on an Web Based Auction system project with Oracle. I have used PL/SQL cartridge for most of my web connectivity work. I want to send an automatic e-mail, whenever a particular database events occur, like whenever a customer becomes successful on a product, I want to send an automatic e-mail message to notify him.

How can I do that ?? Incase, I had to use the Perl cartridge, can you please tell me how to implement that.

Manish Mehta Received on Thu May 28 1998 - 21:34:45 CDT