View performance

From: <stegri_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 19:57:36 GMT

Does anybody know if using views instead of tables affects performance? I've heard that view are in some way 'compiled' (although I don't understand what is there to be compiled) and are even more efficient than retriving columns as 'normal' select-stmts.

/Stelios Grigoriadis Received on Thu May 28 1998 - 14:57:36 CDT