Re: help with decode command: is there a way to include a select statement in the result of a decode function

From: Stanley Fung <sfung_at_mdsi.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 12:25:21 -0700

I don't think you can do this because you can't execute the output of a SQL statement.

You may try to spool the output of a SQL statement to a file, and then run that file. However, you have to set the SQL*Plus to eliminate the heading and feedback.

Let me know if there are any solutions!

--

Stanley Fung                 | Software Analyst
Mobile Data Solutions Inc.   | Direct Line: (604)207-6290