Oracle ora73win.lib for 16-bit MS C++?

From: Larry Melia <larry.meliaNOHAMANDNOSPAM_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 09:06:29 -1000

Does anyone know if there is an MS, 16-bit, ora73win.lib for Oracle = Server 7.3? The latest Personal Oracle developers kit includes the = 32-bit MS and Borland libraries, but no 16-bit support as far as I can = determine.

We're trying to maintain some old code that currently uses the 7.1 = libraries and are in the process of rewriting it to 32-bits. And, as = per usual, Oracle hasn't made the corresponding DLL's upgradeable (7.1 = to 7.3) without relinking to new libraries (this is beyond me, since the = OCI interfaces haven't changed as far as I know! This must be a =

marketing plot to get people to spend more money in upgrading to the =
latest OCI kit for every incremental release of Oracle, or just some =
piss-poor coders at Oracle who don't understand the problems they're =
creating!).

Thanks in advance.

larry.meliaNOSPAM_at_worldnet.att.net

Florida Power & Light Received on Thu May 28 1998 - 14:06:29 CDT