Q: Alpha / NT / Oracle Server - Memory Leaks?

From: Morten Toftgaard Jensen <mtj_at_stofanet.dk>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 18:31:11 +0200

Hi there

I was at an Oracle DBA course, where one of the other students proclaimed that there existed memory leaks in Oracle for Windows NT on Alpha platform, resulting in a necessary scheduled reboot of the server once a week, because of memory exhaustion.

He also said it was a problem well-known to Oracle - that he had been in direct conctact with Oracle in order to get the problem fixed - but that there didn't exist a solution at the moment.

He also stated that the Oracle for Alpha / Windows NT releases / fixes were ½ - 1 year behind release on Intel platform.

Can anyone confirm / deny these problems?

The reason I ask, is that one of my company's customers wishes to run on the above configuration - and I would therefor like to be ahead of eventual problems that may arise.

Thanks in advance for your answer!

--

// Morten Toftgaard Jensen - Aalborg, Denmark
// mtj_at_stofanet.dk