Re: oracle on windows nt

From: Robert Hart <rhart_at_gov.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 08:21:03 -0600

Sorry to say this but there is a BIT more to it then that

If you look at services in the NT control panel and look at Oracle you will see that it executes under the internal system account ( I think the account is actually system )

This account MUST HAVE full control over the database files and the directories where these files exist. I tried once with change control and the database wouldn't work

l8r
Robby