Re: Executables linked with libclntsh.a abort

From: Marc Romano <mcromano_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 01:22:13 -0700

I have had a similar experience using Oracle 7.3.2 on AIX 4.1.5. When I used the shared library (libclntsh.a) the program returned -12154. Once I linked with the static libraries the program worked fine.

The odd thing about the whole thing was that when I linked with the shared library it worked for about a week, then started giving me the -12154. Then the machine was IPLed and the program no longer worked until I relinked. (and the old one still failed).

If you discover anything, please either post it here or send me mail offline.

Thanks,
Marc Romano
mcromano_at_us.ibm.com Received on Thu May 28 1998 - 03:22:13 CDT