Re: Async writes or multiple DBWRs?

From: <andreas.prusch_at_sintec.de>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 06:39:57 GMT

It's not a definitive answer because definitive answers can't match all sites.
Don't think only in database terms. There's the operating system too. So, if you turn off async reads and writes and therefore startup 3 database writers, the operating system will perform more dbwriter cycles then if there is only one db writer. So the answer is: As long as there are not too many server processes waiting for free blocks you better set async reads and writes, because db writer works fine and the process time will better spend on server processes. Finally, if server processes are waiting for db writer then you'll better start up more db writers.

I'll hope, that will help you.

Andreas Prusch