Re: exporting ASCII file from Oracle8

From: Henry Fu <hfu01_at_email.mot.com>
Date: 1998/05/27

As far as I know, you cannot export columns from a table using Oracle's exp/imp utilities. You can do this in two ways:

  1. Write a SQL script and save the result into a file. Append the output data file to the existing ASCII file.
  2. Attach the table into a MS Access database. Create a query to select the columns. Import the ASCII file into the Access database. Then join the two together.

Hope this will helpful.

--
Henry Fu
Senior SAP Oracle DBA