Re: Experiences with Developer/2000 Server?

From: Papa John's International, Inc. <dlicciardi_at_tcipro.com>
Date: 1998/05/27

Without knowledge of NCA(Network Computing Architecture), cartridges, and Oracle Forms, you will have a pretty tough time supporting OAS. It is a significant piece of software that can bring a tun of benefits to your shop. In the hands of undertrained personnel you will probably find it a bit hard to configure, use, and support. It does work and it works well. Forms usually port rather nicely from client server to web server and require little if no modification beyond converting .ico files to .gifs. Will it run on WindowsNT 3.51; I am not sure. There isn't a port of Oracle Application Server or Developer2000 Server for Linux so your out of luck there.(I only wish Oracle would port to Linux so that I can throw my Microsoft operating systems out the window.)

Hope this helps.
Derek Licciardi

ps Oracle on Linux as a teir 1 platform!!! It would revolutionize the ISP and Internet Commerce industries.

John Dunn <jdunn_at_umcaz.edu> wrote in article <3565D5BC.560036B1_at_umcaz.edu>...