Re: ora-02085, how to work around this error without using the database-name.

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 21:08:02 GMT

On Wed, 27 May 1998 16:50:49 +0200, "Peter de Wolff" <p.c.de.wolff_at_nospam.pve.agro.nl> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>when creating database links (when using designer 2000 and reconcile) we get
>this error ora-02085. This errors means we have to create database links
>with the name of the database. BUT, the links are created by Des2000 and not
>by a person.
>How to solve this little (but not so little) problem.

Either manualy recreate the DB links with the names coresponding to the remote db name, or set your initialisation parameter GLOBAL_NAMES to FALSE and restart the database.

>Peter de Wolff
>Productboards for Livestock, Meat and eggs
>Netherlands
>p.c.de.wolff_at_pve.agro.nl

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Wed May 27 1998 - 16:08:02 CDT