Oracle 7.3.2.3 & Forms3.0, Reports1.1

From: Biju Thomas <bijuthomas_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 22:59:27 -0500

Recently we upgraded the database from 7.1.6 to 7.3.2, since then the performance of all the applications are very poor. We have analyzed the table and tuned the database. The queries run very fast when executed from SQL*Plus, but the same query in Reports takes for ever. Is there an "optimizer misunderstanding" between Forms3.0 and Oracle7.3.2 database? This is our configuration:
Oracle 7.3.2.3.0
Forms 3.0.15.12
Reports 1.1.14
HPUX 10.20 on HP9000 E55
We are not in a position to upgrade the application to Forms 4.5 immediately. Is there a way to improve performance? Any help highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Biju (for SPB, Erode, India) Received on Wed May 27 1998 - 22:59:27 CDT