oracle error 955 - creating snapshot

From: <vasank_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 17:24:20 GMT

I am trying to set up replication on Oracle 8.0.3 on Windows NT servers. Going thru the simple example (the first one) on the Oracle8 Server Replication manual, I have created the snapshot logs on the master. When trying to create the snapshot at the snapshot site I get the following error:

create snapshot "SCOTT"."DEPT" refresh fast with primary key as select * from "SCOTT"."DEPT"@ORACLE.WORLD

/*****

ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object

*****/

I do not have any snapshots created at the snapshot site.

Looking for any suggestions.

Vasan.